Welcome to the
Welsh Pony & Cob Association
WPCAC Calendar of Events for 2016
(as of Feb. 18)
• WPCAC play-days and youth clinics, possible one in Portola Valley in March and one in Wilton in April.
• One day bronze or maybe silver shows in the Lodi-Sacramento region, possibly at Marvel (under discussion - David Yee and Jackie Verkuyl and show committee), summer (June, July and/or August).
• April 3, Central Coast Kick-off, Welsh Pony/Cob and Open Equine Show, Atascadero, CA, bronze, Megan Burtness, contact (see 2016 show calendar at www.welshpony.org for premium download); not a WPCAC High Point show.
• May 13 - 15, WPCAC Spring Gold Show, Brookside Equestrian Center, Elk Grove, CA, gold, Kim Boyd, show manager and Jen Sommer, show secretary (Note: There will be a few Mountain and Moorland classes.) (see www.wpcac.com). Judges: Guy Clardy and Faye Tanner.
• June 17 - 18, Far West Championship Horse Show, Welsh Division, Redmond, OR, gold, Pam Christensen, contact (see www.farwestmorgan.com/index.html). Judges Joann Williams and TBA; not a WPCAC High Point Show.
• July 7 - 9, Santa Barbara National Horse Show, Welsh Division, Santa Barbara, CA, gold, Sheri Hurst, contact (see website: http://www.earlwarren.com/national-horse-show/ for premium download). Judges Suzan Strahan and Suzanne Moody..
• August 5 - 7, OWPS Welsh Show, Eugene, OR.not a WPCAC High Point Show.
• September 2 - 5, WPCAC Brookside/Pacific Coast Classic shows (4 days, not 5 days,) Brookside Equestrian Center, Elk Grove, CA, silver/gold, Jackie Verkuyl contact, Jen Sommer show secretary(see www.wpcac.com). Brookside show (silver 1 day) Judges Christy Wood and TBA; Pacific Coast Classic (gold 3 days) Judges Shawn Bigley and Margaret Edwards (Nefydd Stud - UK).
• September 28 - October 1, Tulsa State Fair and OKWPS Show (? American National pending), Tulsa, OK, gold, contactConnie Moore; not a WPCAC High Point Show.
© 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved
This site designed, maintained and sponsored by Family Partners Welsh Ponies.